Virgin Media: Network Upgrades
Entegro has a long-term relationship with Virgin Media having completed several initiatives for them, both for new network expansion and network upgrades, as well as provision of project resources.
Virgin Media engaged Entegro to help design its upgrade from 750/860MHz HFC plant to 1.2GHz (DOCSIS3.0 to DOCSIS3.1), which would facilitate additional DOCSIS Channel capacity with efficient use of Spectrum. This combination of spectrum and 3.1 technology enables the network to deliver highly reliable service with the capacity to deliver Downstream speeds of 1Gb+.
The Project involved:
- Survey of existing 750/860MHz network with possible future customer details
- Digitising the survey details for customer records and their in-house survey vs as-built QC checks
- Provide Wayleave permits for any additional builds/use of private property prior to Network Build
- Propose required Duct Proving and New UG civils details
- Re-define the Nodal boundaries with Geographical anomalies
- Re-balance the Node ports by incorporating the future additional homes
- Design & Digitise the HFC network using AutoCAD & Lode Data
- To capture the existing network with a sketch from the client, covering the high level plan.
- To provide a solution augmenting the client’s existing network and future expansions.
We created an HFC network upgrade solution using Lodedata and AutoCAD software. The Lodedata Design platform was built/modified to meet specifications provided by the customer.
Entegro provided a complete upgrade solution, from initial design analysis to complete survey, design and build.
“Their ability to take a project brief, go away and plan, design, way leave and bring it back to us ready to build is excellent”
Alan Glynn, VP Technology & Innovation Ireland at Virgin Media Ireland.